Warning! Your ad blocker has been detected!
Healthaon.com is reader-supported. We're made available through displaying of online ads to improve user experience. Kindly consider disabling your ad blocker, thanks.
Healthy quote | Problems | Alternatives | Food alerts | Approach | Outlook | Overview
Fake foods are almost everywhere.
You can easily spot a few of them lurking in the kitchen, in the fridge, or openly on the desks.
Do not be blinded by the ‘healthy labels’ promising higher nutrition values. Read the nutrition lable carefully especially the micronutrition labels.
Fake foods. There’s no secret that products queuing supermarket displays are actually junk foods in disguise.
These items usually probably can be found in your office pantry, home kitchen, or even at your living room.
Misleading health halos act as undercover agents to provide low nutrients and packed with artificial ingredients while touting “healthy labels” on the façade of the packaging.
It’s no secret that they’re loaded with haughty ingredients that are a total buzzkill for the body. You’ve been warned.
credits – unsplash.com
Today’s healthy quote, “I hate to break the truth but … nutritionists think these 1000 staple foods do more harm than good to the digestive systems and organs. Reject them all and create a sh*t list!”
According to the best-selling article written by Colleen D.F. from Women’s Health Magazine (49), you’ve to constantly avoid 40 ‘healthy’ foods that most nutritionists won’t recommend to you.
Here is the list of the 40 unhealthy foods that you must avoid like a plague:
- Organic candy
- Refined whole grain
- Plant-based butter
- Dried fruit
- Impossible burger
- Coconut flour
- Sweetened nut milk
- Juice … even green smoothie
- Veggie sticks and straw
- Almond flour
- Agave nectar
- Gluten-free snacks
- Oat milk
- Fat-free fro yo
- Premade “olive oil” salad dressing
- Pre-made trail mix
- Canned soup
- Low-fat yogurt
- Whipped topping
- Coconut oil
- Protein cookie
- Protein bar
- Acai bowls
- Diet sodas
- Fat-free cheese
- Light mayo
- Bottled coffee and tea including instant mix
- Fat-free salad dressing
- Meat imitations
- Beef delish snack
- “Diet” frozen meal
- Reduced-fat peanut butter
- Pre-made smoothie
- Veggie chip
- Boxed vegetable pizza
- Flavored instant oatmeal
It’s crucial to avoid – or at least limit – foods that contain refined grains, artificial sweeteners, tran fats, and high in added sugar.
These are some of the unhealthiest but most common fake foods in the modern diet. Hence, the importance of reading nutrition labels cannot be overstated.
The same applies to so-called health foods.
Continue reading to learn more about how counterfeit foods will affect your health.
Let’s review what the various problems are associated with foods you’re eating that are probably fake.
In details, fruit juice harbors just as much sugar as sugary drinks like Coke or Pepsi — and sometimes even more according to (11).
Refined carbs problems
Similarly, carbohydrates tend to be likely addictive because of brain stimulant from high fat and refined carbs (50).
Another study reveals that popular Western-diet foods including French fries can cause macular degeneration over an extended period of eating according to (47).
Other health problems
Do you know that BBQ meats are associated with risk of pancreatic cancer, breast cancer, and other major health problems?
Manufacturers leverage on food waxing process to extend shelf life, so it’s harmful to your health to eat them. Many chemicals formed during high-heat cooking have been linked to an increased risk of cancer and heart disease based on (20).
More of these include acrylamides, acrolein, heterocyclic amines, oxysterols, polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons (PAHs), and advanced glycation end products (AGEs) based on (12).
Learn how to read food labels. There’s no legal shortcut in getting around the endless loop of marketing and brands promotions.
Aim for nutrient-dense, whole foods, such as fresh fruits and organic staples.
Your choice of consumption is the determinant behavior of tomorrow. A quick search reveals the better substitutes for your daily nutrition plan:
- Limit intake of organic candies
- Look for only unsweetened muesli
- Choose 100 per cent whole grain products
- Avoid saturated fats plant-based butters
- Say no to concentrated dried fruits
- Terminate the thoughts of impossible burger
- Ketogenic diet need not coconut flour
- Sweetened nut milk is a no-go
- Never buy commercial fruit juices
- Excess sodium found in veggie sticks
- Use a little almond flour
- Agave nectar in moderation
- Avoid gluten-free snacks
- Opt-out of oat milk
- Say no to fat-free fro yo
- Get real organic olive oil for salads
- Kombucha must not be eaten
- Premade trail mix must be balanced
- Canned soups cannot be eaten
- Replace flavorings on yogurts
- Whipped toppings has no replacement
- Eat coconut oil in moderation
- Say no to granolas
- Limit intake on protein cookies
- Skip protein bars or energy bars
- Make your own acai bowls
- Kill the diet sodas
- Never buy processed or fat-free cheese
- A little dip in light mayos will do
- Avoid bottled coffees and teas including instant mixes
- Use fat-free salad dressing with caution
- Meat imitations cannot be consumed
- Beef jerky or cubes must be avoided
- Occasionally eat “Diet” frozen meals
- Create your own peanut butter variant
- Build your personal healthy green smoothies
- Limit consumption on veggie chips
- Eat pretzels in moderation
- Replace boxed vegetable pastas and pizzas with homemade
- Remove flavors from instant oat meals
Cooked Food | Pastry | French Fries & Potato | Junk Food | Sweetener |
Or, check out the list of 20 foods to avoid like a plague.
Fake foods pose real health risks as part of everyday diet, period.
New stories and advertisements do entice you to buy ‘healthy foods’ counterfeit in disguise.
The New England Journal of Medicine lists 55 conditions that can be caused by eating gluten, including: Cancer, heart disease, osteoporosis, irritable bowel disease, inflammatory bowel disease, fibromyalgia & chronic fatigue, thyroid disorders, enema and epilepsy.
Better still if you could take immediate actions to replace fake foods with organic foods in your pantry for a healthier diet.
Tip: See your doctor. Once every 1-3 months: check for potential glucose spikes, healthy cholesterol levels, gum diseases, tooth cavities and decays, chronic health problems etc.
Notice: Go for healthy dieting. Quit smoking, drink water, avoid sweeteners, use medical mouthwash etc.
Health and Wellness: Fitness regime – jogging, home exercises, non-alcoholic mouthwash etc.
Prime: Fake food is the #19 food to avoid like a plague, find out the other 24 foods to avoid like a plague.
Regurgitate: #19 Fake Food: 20 Foods That Are Bad For Health