Warning! Your ad blocker has been detected!
Healthaon.com is reader-supported. We're made available through displaying of online ads to improve user experience. Kindly consider disabling your ad blocker, thanks.
Healthy quote | Problems | Alternatives | Food alerts | Approach | Outlook | Overview
Salt is an overrated seasoning found in most dishes.
Many foods offered by manufacturers and restaurants contain this typical taste enhancer.
When eat in excess, sodium can cause blood pressure to rise, which leads to development of serious ailments and several chronic diseases.
Diet saboteurs are everywhere.
To make you feel good, these items lurk in your kitchen and spoof as “healthier” options.
They’re loaded with sugar, salt, and preservatives albeit not being obvious to the limitations of an eye.
credits – healthvlogs.com
Today’s healthy quote, “Some things are good for health. But only a little bit will suffice. Anything more than that will become a disaster. The body knows it best, so listen carefully or pay dearly!”.
To make better food choices, it’s prudent to incorporate more healthy foods to your nutrition diet. But you naturally intend to spice up the flavors through the means of artificial sweetener, natural honey, creamy dressing, or any other seasoning that overall looks harmless.
A closer look may take you aback. There’re plenty of fake “healthy” foods that do not good to the health of a human body.
According to Eat This, Not That, a publisher of the 68 “Healthy” Foods That Are Terrible for You (51), the author actually helps you to navigate across these food traps by mentioning the names out. Collectively, a succinct summary of “salted” products will be listed below.
Here is the list of 68 “healthy foods to avoid like a plague:
- Frozen diet meal
- Granola bar or energy bar
- Fish taco
- Almond milk
- Baked beans
- Breakfast porridge mix
- Agave nectar
- Sugar substitute
- Fast food salad
- Seasoned rice
- Fruit snack
- Tomato sauce
- Energy drink
- Restaurant baked potato
- Honey-roasted nut
- Veggie straw
- Fruit cocktail
- Prepared salmon
- Bran muffins
- Deli turkey
- Banana bread
- Fruit salsa
- Diet soda
- Turkey burger
- Spinach and Artichoke dip
- Egg white omelet
- Whole grain cereal
- Wrap or tortilla
- Flavored iced tea
- Maple syrup or corn syrup
- Sports nutrition drink
- Low-fat peanut butter
- Yogurt-coated raisin
- Pita chip or veggie chip
- Processed margarine
- Veggie pizza
- Skim milk
- Trail mix
- Egg substitute
- Organic snack
- Bottled smoothie
- Frozen yogurt
- Veggie burger
- Soy milk
- Microwaveable popcorn
- Low-carb snack
- Protein shake or powder
- Vegetable oil
- Baked chip
- Spicy tuna roll
- Dried fruit
- Acai bowls
- Flavored oatmeal
- Coconut water
- Rice cake
- Protein bar
- Canned soup or powdered soup
- Turkey bacon
- Gluten-free snack
- Veggie chip
- Whole wheat bread
- Green juice
- Low-fat salad dressing
Read more about counterfeit consumables here at #19 Fake Food: 20 Foods That Are Bad For Health.
Salt, a big role in regulating blood pressure, is the most common spice used among most recipes. It’s not going to harm you in the short run.
If you consume too much salt, beyond daily nutritional guide, then your health is going to spiral down because of high blood pressure, risk of cardiovascular disease, and inability to breakdown salt compounds residing in the human body according to (7, 8, 9).
Salt is known as the leading cause of death – sodium nitrate, potassium nitrate, or whatever salty mixed fillers. Yes, our bodies required some salt to sustain daily activities, as well as removing toxins. Limit the amount of sodium intakes and best avoid processed foods.
A good estimate is about 3.75 grams of sodium per day. Anything above 6 grams may pose as a health hazard to the body. In between 3.75g and 6g of sodium intake will lead to increased risk of health concerns. There’s always another day to consume salt once your body clock resets its functionality via bowel movements.
Let’s review what the various problems are associated with foods you’re eating that are probably fake.
In details, fruit juice harbors just as much sugar as sugary drinks like Coke or Pepsi — and sometimes even more according to (11).
Refined carbs problems
Cut down on large amounts of breakfast cereals because carbo-ingredients tend to store excess fats, impact metabolic structures, and blocked blood vessels.
Similarly, carbohydrates tend to be likely addictive because of brain stimulant from high fat and refined carbs (50).
Another study reveals that popular Western-diet foods including French fries can cause macular degeneration over an extended period of eating according to (47).
Other health problems
Do you know that BBQ meats are associated with risk of pancreatic cancer, breast cancer, and other major health problems?
Manufacturers leverage on food waxing process to extend shelf life, so it’s harmful to your health to eat them. Many chemicals formed during high-heat cooking have been linked to an increased risk of cancer and heart disease based on (20).
More of these include acrylamides, acrolein, heterocyclic amines, oxysterols, polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons (PAHs), and advanced glycation end products (AGEs) based on (12).
Learn how to read food labels. There’s no legal shortcut in getting around the endless loop of marketing and brands promotions.
Aim for salt-free, whole foods, such as fresh ingredients and organic food without salt.
Your choice of consumption is the determinant behavior of tomorrow. A quick search reveals the better substitutes for your daily nutrition plan:
- Buy low-calorie frozen meals
- Skip the granola bars or energy bars
- Replace couscous with whole grains
- Avoid fish tacos
- A little almond milk helps
- Say no to baked beans
- Don’t add sugar into breakfast porridge mixes
- Substitute agave nectar for natural honey
- Number-One killer is sugar
- Never eat any fast food salads
- Give up seasoned rice, eat brown rice
- Fruit snacks are filled with sugar
- Get real tomatoes and juice them
- Drink lemon waters or soda waters
- Go for white potatoes only
- Remove coating on honey-roasted nuts
- Sell down veggie straws
- Prepare your own fruit cocktails
- Consume only fresh salmons
- Ignore bran muffins
- Avoid processed deli meats
- Eliminate banana breads
- Make your own fruit salsas
- Drink det sodas in moderation
- Say no to turkey burgers
- Limit intake on Spinaches and Artichoke dips
- Include yolks in egg white omelets
- Skip pretzels
- Wash away the sugar in whole grain cereals
- Cut down on wraps or tortillas
- Remove flavors from flavored iced teas
- Don’t buy maple syrups or corn syrups
- Avoid sports nutrition drinks
- Replace low-fat peanut butters with organic butters
- Cancel the thoughts on yogurt-coated raisins
- Reduce intake on pita chips or veggie chips
- Buy only natural margarines or butters
- Homemade veggie pizzas
- Ditch skim milks
- Eat trail mixes in moderation
- Never buy any egg substitutes
- Organic snacks are but a lie
- Blend your own healthy smoothies
- Kill the thoughts of frozen yogurts
- Throw away veggie burgers
- Parfaits do more harm than good
- Replace soy milks with fresh milks
- Avoid microwaveable popcorns
- Check for real low-carb snacks
- Make your own protein shakes or powders
- Use olive oils instead of vegetable oils
- Only eat baked chips during festive seasons
- Spicy tuna rolls had too much calories
- Skip those dried fruits
- Create your own acai bowls
- Buy only non-flavored oatmeal products
- Say no to flavored yogurts
- Drink coconut waters in moderation
- Eat rice cakes without toppings
- Remove protein bars in shopping carts
- Sell away canned soups or powdered soups
- Buy organic poultry and not turkey bacons
- Skip gluten-free snacks
- Make your own veggie chips without high heat
- Look for Ezekiel breads
- Make a sugar-less green juice
- Cut away low-fat salad dressings
- Granola must never be eaten
Remember, these 68 “healthy” foods list is non-exhaustive. Alternatives to them might bring you future health benefits and no other way around.
Cooked Food | Pastry | French Fries & Potato | Junk Food | Sweetener |
Or, check out the list of 20 foods to avoid like a plague.
Sugared or salted foods pose real health risks as part of everyday diet, period.
New stories and advertisements do entice you to buy ‘healthy salts’ counterfeit in disguise.
The New England Journal of Medicine lists 55 conditions that can be caused by eating salt, including: Cancer, heart disease, osteoporosis, irritable bowel disease, inflammatory bowel disease, fibromyalgia & chronic fatigue, thyroid disorders, enema and epilepsy.
Avoid unnatural foods that are high in added sodium starting from today. You must learn to monitor sodium levels by reviewing nutritional facts.
Better still if you could completely give up on unhealthy saltish dishes and eat less-salt cuisines for a healthier diet.
Tip: See your doctor. Once every 1-3 months: check for potential glucose spikes, healthy cholesterol levels, gum diseases, tooth cavities and decays, chronic health problems etc.
Notice: Go for healthy dieting. Quit smoking, drink water, avoid sweeteners, use medical mouthwash etc.
Health and Wellness: Fitness regime – jogging, home exercises, non-alcoholic mouthwash etc.
Prime: Salt is the #20 food to avoid like a plague, find out the other 24 foods to avoid like a plague.
Regurgitate: #20 Salt: 20 Foods That Are Bad For Health